All new visitors are eligible for a no obligation, no contract 7 day Full Access Trial. Book a tour by calling 416-494-8787 or just walk in anytime during business hours. Martial Arts will change all areas of your life for the best. We offer discount packages as well to suit your needs. Take the first step.
Get To Know Action & Reaction Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Academy
Serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), North York, Toronto, Markham & Scarborough, Action & Reaction Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Academy serves up unlimited recreational and competitive Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), Boxing, Muay Thai Kickboxing classes & more 7 days a week with morning, lunch and evening classes.
*Ask about our free no obligation one week trial! Call (416) 494-8787 today to learn more*
Why Train Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)?
Think MMA training is just for kids and UFC fighters? Think again…
Virtually anyone can benefit from MMA training. From kids to adults, men and women, competitive and recreational, the physical and psychological benefits of MMA training are universal – improved fitness, weight loss, self-defense, stress reduction and more.
With all the concern for bullying in schools these days, it is also a fantastic way to bully-proof your children. Any student will gain confidence and self esteem, along with both the ability to defend oneself and the good sense to walk away.
At Action & Reaction MMA Academy we offer a variety of recreational and competitive classes and styles for all aspects of MMA, standing and grappling, including Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), Muay Thai Kickboxing, Submission Grappling, Judo, and Conditioning training for all. Our certified and highly experienced coaches teach classes at all levels from beginners to advanced, amateur to professional, in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
If you do decide to enter the ring – or Octagon – Action & Reaction Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Academy has a competitive Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), Boxing and Muay Thai Kickboxing team. Our instructors are all active competitors with years of real-world experience to bring to your MMA training experience. We’re in the game – and we can help you get there too.
Why Choose Action & Reaction MMA Academy?
- Top level instructors
- World-class MMA facilities
- Unlimited access to a combination of martial arts styles and programs, 7 days a week
Whether you’re in it to get fit, learn to defend yourself or want to get in touch with your inner Mixed Martial Artist, Action & Reaction MMA Academy gives you unlimited access to the individual program of your choice or the ability to cross-train in a combination of disciplines from BJJ to Boxing to Muay Thai and more.
Meet Fernando Zulick: BJJ Black Belt and Head Instructor
A native of Brazil, the home of authentic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), Fernando Zulick is a certified BJJ black belt with over 18 years of BJJ instruction, training and coaching experience under his belt.
One of Toronto’s top BJJ instructors, a fixture in the Ontario BJJ community and master competitor, Action & Reaction MMAs owner and head instructor is a full time martial artist who, along with the Action & Reaction MMA team, regularly competes and places in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and North America.
World Class MMA Facilities
Boasting 5,000 square feet, the Academy offers a clean and spacious training space ideal for our unique combination of Grappling (BJJ – Gi and No Gi – and Submission Wrestling) and Striking Martial Arts (Boxing & Muay Thai Kickboxing) including:
• Male and female change rooms and showers
• Conditioning equipment including a climbing wall
• Ropes, punching bags, kettle bells, Weights and more
• Sitting area and play space for parents and young children
Martial Arts Programs and Classes
• Boxing Classes – the sweet science first became an Olympic sport in 688 BC and continues to thrill audiences as it attracts a growing roster of talent. It’s a time honoured combat sport that you can use in various ways. Pursue it as a sport on its own, as a killer fitness regimen or use it to add devastating punches to your MMA arsenal. You’ll learn the full realm of the sport starting from your footwork and extending through your hands and your defense. Our certified and experienced instructors can take your skills wherever you want them to go, to get you in the best shape of your life or to get you into the actual competitive ring with Action Reactions competitive team! Learn more…
• Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) Classes – BJJ teaches effective ways for a smaller opponent to overcome a larger and stronger opponent using leverage and knowledge of body mechanics. BJJ focuses on the clinch and grappling moves that take your opponent to the ground and minimize any advantages in size and strength. It’s an ideal self-defense system especially for children and has become one of the disciplines of choice for professional MMA fighters for a reason – it works! Learn more…
• Muay Thai Kickboxing – Muay Thai Kickboxing has been a popular form of martial arts training in Southeast Asia for hundreds of years. It evolved from a form of unarmed combat used by Siamese soldiers, to a form of physical exercise and self-defense with the help and active interest of the Thai royal family. Muay Thai is often called the “Art of Eight Limbs” because it uses eight points of contact – shins, knees, elbows and fists. It’s effective in stand up fighting and in the clinch and keeps the action going on the ground with elbow and knee blows. Learn more…
• Submission Grappling – Also called ‘No-Gi Jiu Jitsu’, Submission Grappling is a new take on an old art. It begins with the same basis as BJJ, focusing on takedowns and ground work, submitting your opponent with chokes, leg holds and other moves. The major difference between BJJ and Submission Grappling is that it is practiced without the Gi or Jiu-Jitsu kimono, which makes it a faster paced martial art that many MMA pros have used to great effect. It can be used for general fitness or for self-defense. Learn more…
• Strength & Conditioning Classes – Our dynamic conditioning program will get you in the best shape of your life. It is designed to be a diverse and inclusive system incorporating many different training methods and modalities including but not limited to: body weight exercises, kettle bell training, climbing, sprinting, plyometrics and agility drills. You’ll improve fitness levels, lose weight and gain confidence and if you’re at the competitive level, conditioning is a crucial element of your overall training regimen. You’ll gain strength and lose pounds in an intense, supportive training environment. Learn more…
• Judo for MMA – Judo is founded on the principles of maximum efficiency for minimum effort. It shows how a weaker opponent can defeat a stronger one by adapting to his techniques and taking him down to the ground where advantages of weight and reach don’t have as much of an impact. Throwing and grappling are two of the major categories of judo techniques and that’s where it can add to your MMA arsenal. It makes a great base for MMA by emphasizing the stunning take downs and diligent ground work that lead to your opponent’s submission. Learn more…
*Private BJJ, Boxing and Muay Thai Classes. In Toronto, call (416) 494-8787 to learn more*
Contact us today by email or call (416) 494-8787 for the best in MMA in the GTA – Toronto, North York, Markham, and Scarborough, Ontario. Ask about our Free 7 Day Trial Offer and take a tour our facilities. You’ll be glad you did!
485 Mc Nicoll Avenue - North York, Ontario – M2H 2C9 - (416) 494-8787